Yields: 6 servings
Portobello, Red Pepper, Mozzarella Pressed Sandwich with Pesto and Tzatziki
30 - 40 minutes
Balsamic Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, sliced in half
- 6 balsamic portobello mushrooms
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 jar roasted red pepper or 2 fresh roasted red peppers/li>
- 1.5 cup tzatziki
- 6 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1 cup balsamic vinegarette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1 seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 cup rough chopped dill
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 heads of garlic, roasted
- 1 T salt
Cook mushrooms with oil and vinegar over medium heat in a frying pan just until soft.
Set aside to cool.
Combine all ingredients and set aside in fridge.
Try to blot excess liquid from peppers and mushrooms.
Spread tzatziki and pesto on either side of the ciabatta.
Then on bottom layer begin with red pepper, mushrooms, mozzarella, then top with other half of bread.
Wrap entire sandwich in saran wrap with a few layers.
Place several heavy books or object(s) on top of entire sandwich, to press. Let this sit for about 5 minutes.
Place wrapped sandwich in fridge and let flavors meld.
Best if served an hour or two after pressing due to the liquid from the ingredients in this sandwich.